Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Soap Balls
 My sister and I made soap-balls on Sunday, with my favorite recipe. They are Lavender, with just a hint of Vanilla. They turned out very well; I could not have done it without my sister, she denies it but she is a great help to me. I was only able to make seven, and yet I exhausted my entire stash of un-scented soap.
 Two of them have rope in them made from scrap yarn. We also made Lavender Water, for linen waters, pefume, icing, and all the other wonderful things to be done with Lavender Water. Making scented water is really very simple all you need are a few ingriedients and a little time and you're set to go.


Scented Water                 what you will need: A resealable bottle or mason jar, A handful of the leaves or petals of the plant you wish to use, and enough water to fill your container.

What to do: Place the leaves or petals in the jar, boil the water, and pour over the petals/leaves, seal the jar, and leave for twenty-four hours, strain, and there you go, easier than pie. You should probably refrigerate your scented water after you strain it.                                                                


Lavender Water

2 comments:

  1. Ah! it has been many years since I last helped my Mom make soap, but I remember grated the plain soap in preparation for melting it down to make milled soaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Exactly. My sister and I ended up just crushing the soap in plastic bags because we forgot to grate it ahead of time, so the pot was boiling and we were running all over the place crushing soap, and taking it out of the paper, and dumping it in the pot! It was hilarious, although I don't believe we thought so at the time.

    ReplyDelete