Friday, August 4, 2017

State Fair

This summer I entered things in our state fair. Entering and being a part of it was very fun, and getting to see all the things other people had made was fabulous! I am very glad that I decided to enter, and I won second place in both of my categories.  Fairs have been held in our part of the world for centuries, initially they were only for livestock and handwork, but other attractions soon came along. The Ferris Wheel and the Carousel were some of the first, but now there are many that I do not even know the names of. Anyway, I just wanted to show my entries to everyone, so here they are:




Lemon and Strawberry Cupcakes




Christmas Potholders and second place ribbon.
&
                  Second place ribbon for cupcakes.


I entered two categories: baking: cupcakes, and textiles: hand sewing: embroidery. I really enjoyed seeing all the wonderful talent and ingenuity of the other participants, and they have inspired me to persevere and continue crafting.
   I hope that you will continue to craft and enjoy it, and I hope that I am helping others to continue crafting.
  In my next post I hope to continue with the sachet series.


Thank you for reading and being patient with my tedious self,  I appreciate having such a wonderful audience.

1 comment:

  1. "If I were as tedious as a king, I would find it in my heart to give it all to you."
    I know you were waiting for me to say it. ;)

    Congrats! How cool that you got second place! Those cupcakes look amazing! Can you make some for me? ;)

    ReplyDelete